- Ensure that the safety of travelers is a primary driver of technological innovation.
- Achieve equity for surface transportation, including the ability to improve quality of life.
- Strengthen the economy by supporting initiatives that entice technology sector companies to invest in the creation of new jobs and new job types.
- Attract and retain a diverse, talented, and engaged local workforce.
- Link business and industry with education to focus on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- When applied correctly, automated vehicles will maximize mobility.
- Advocate and Educate
- Government affairs
- Expert testimony
- Public outreach
- Clearing house
- Media relations
- Amplify the safety and value of automated travel
- Opinions on behalf of industry
- Third-party advocacy
- Stakeholder meetings
- Grow membership to a sustainable level
- Look for opportunities to provide advocacy
- Other items as defined by the board of directors